Pet Wellness in Greenfield
At Greenfield Veterinary Clinic we recommend yearly wellness pet care exams for your canine and feline family members. Our special wellness program focuses on preventative pet care based on the particular stage of life your pet is in, beginning with the puppy/kitten stage straight through the geriatric stages of your pet’s life.
Each pet patient is evaluated individually based on aspects such as age, breed, species, and environmental challenges. Then our veterinarian at our Greenfield Clinic will make recommendations for preventive measures to keep your pet healthy, nutrition, and any diagnostic tests that are appropriate for your pet.
Heartworm prevention, vaccinations, and routine deworming are all important components of a pet care wellness exam, these components allow us to try and prevent diseases that can be life-threatening, and extremely expensive to treat.
Pet Care Wellness Exam
You can expect the following at a pet care wellness exam by our veterinarian in Greenfield. Yearly pet care exams are important to help detect any unexpected changes or age related changes in your pet including:
- Open sores
- Dental problems
If a potential health problem is noticed in the early stages, there is a better chance of us being able to treat it quickly or cure the health problem.
During a pet care exam our veterinarian in Greenfield will do the following:
- Check to make sure your pet is up to date on their vaccinations and if they are not, your pet will be vaccinated
- A stool sample will be taken (or you will be asked to bring one in) to check for heart worms
- Updating your pet’s health record
- The heart and lungs will be listened to
- The abdominal organs will be felt for tenderness or lumps
- You pet will be “patted down” to check their extremities, joints, and body for any tender spots or lumps
- The ears will be inspected for wax build-up, inflammation, and mites
- The teeth and gums will be inspected for tooth decay, gum disease and other diseases that may be present in their mouth
- Blood may be draw to check for infections, diabetes, thyroid disease, kidney failure, organ function, and other medical conditions
Veterinary Care in Greenfield
It is a good idea to be proactive and take the necessary preventative steps to make sure your pet lives a healthy, happy, and comfortable life. Yearly pet exams with your veterinarian in Greenfield can help you play an active role in your pet’s and health and longevity. Dogs, depending on their breed, can have particular genetic predisposition, our veterinarian can help modify your dog’s wellness screening based on the breed and your dog’s age to help keep your dog healthy.
Our veterinarian in Greenfield offers a discounted exam fee for vaccinations and heartworms testing. We also offer second opinion exams and other exam discounts.
Fore more information or to schedule an appointment, give us a call today at 414-282-5230!